A humble vision and desire to discuss the environmental impacts of waste management decisions catalyzed the creation of a limited beta application in late 2016 , and now, a desktop and mobile application, thanks to our Software Development Studio. Meet M+WasteCare.
Healthcare waste managers, like you, cannot easily determine the environmental impact of your waste stream disposal decisions, resulting in subpar sustainability outcomes.
We’re increasing visibility and access to waste stream environmental impacts with a FREE online calculator. Check out M+WasteCare Calculator to better understand your waste footprint. Make more informed decisions with your waste streams.
THE APP ENABLES USERS TO:
- Easily build your actual waste streams, including multiple streams/haulers for one waste type.
- Consider waste disposal methods including landfill, incineration, autoclaving, and alternative/conversion technologies.
- Easily add or delete waste streams.
- Calculate greenhouse gas emissions, air emissions for 14 pollutants, landfill diversion percentage, syngas produced and more.
- Understand the factors and formulas behind the calculations.
- Visualize outputs to understand the comparative magnitude of impact from each waste stream.
- Quickly and easily compare cases to understand impacts of potential waste disposal changes.
- Export data to spreadsheets for further review or easy sharing.
WHO SHOULD USE THIS TOOL?
Facility Managers are the most common users, though anyone with an interest in becoming more informed about the impact of waste management decisions, seeking to minimize their footprint, is welcome to test the tool!
Calculating emissions is not an exact science — continuous changing factors are a reality. This calculator highlights those factors (and equations). The tool is meant to aid the healthcare community and others to (better) understand how waste decisions affect environmental outcomes. Let’s build a community of people who can vet and improve the underlying assumptions. Contact us to discuss further.
WHY IS AN MEP/TECHNOLOGY FIRM BUILDING APPS?
As a Benefit Corporation, we are committed and accountable to providing societal and environmental benefit. M+WasteCare helps us live out this mission. Learn more about M+Energy here.